Friday, December 4, 2009

I Should Be In Bed...

Hi again,

Friday night, 11:59pm on Chocolate Cake Friday. Another Friday, and the cake certainly did not disappoint. The tradition continues.

I am writing as a way to settle mind before I head to bed, which I should have done an hour ago. However, I have been doing my usual obsessing about marathon training, pacing, and scheduling. Nothing changes, and everything changes. But what is consistent, is that I am always focussed on the prize, a Boston Marathon qualifier. And that seems worth it.

This weekend looks to be busy. Greg & I have errands to run in the morning, only to be back in time for Greg to watch the Canucks game. I am going to run 7 miles (12km) at race pace, as well as decide on my Christmas cookie for the selection on Monday, strategize about putting up Christmas lights and meet up with Karen & Denny late afternoon. The plan with them is to go ice skating at Robson Square, followed by dinner and who knows what. It will be fun to meet up with them and enjoy their company.

Sunday looks like 23km long run (in 0C temperatures!), followed by Christmas light application and hopefully baking, and lounging. Fingers crossed it all comes together. There has to be cookies, the deadline is set.

I found a blog of a guy who went from 452lb to 220lb in the course of 2 years who was an avid triathlete. It was quite amazing to read actually, and I am interested in finding out how his IM Florida race went. I'll have to check back.

Other than that, life is hectic but good. Work has had a few interesting curveballs tossed in to keep things interesting and on my toes. I made a conscious effort to not discuss work at all, and just focus on enjoying Greg's company when we went out for dinner. Hard to do, but why think about work when I can focus on play.

Well, I think this may have done the trick. Off to bed!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment