Monday, April 17, 2017

Resurrection

Just a few years have passed, or more like six.

Facebook has this handy reminder, On This Day, to remind us what we did on that specific day in the past since joining Facebook.  Nothing unusual, but was recently reminded how I had a blog, this one specifically, and that I used to post on it.

Life got in the way, I ran out of things to say after my obsession with the Boston Marathon, and just forgot about it.

Interestingly enough, today is the Boston Marathon, 2017 edition.  I qualified for it with my R&R Seattle race last year, but decided it wasn't the right time to do Boston again.  I now have a near five year old daughter, a super busy and demanding job, and running has taken a bit of a beating (or backseat) in daily life.  I still love it, but hasn't been my driving force as of late.

But I want to get back into it.  Life feels more balanced and centred when I have had the chance to run and think and feel and reflect.  I like it better that way.

So now that I have managed to figure out what my user ID and password was for this, I have been thinking of resurrecting the blog and posting again.  Nothing serious, but not so running focused or IronMan focused.  More of life of a busy mom, who loves to run.

I'll be curious to see if I can get back into the writing habit, and interested to see what comes to mind.

Until then...

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment