Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Boston Approaching!



So today I received a special little email from the folks at the Boston Athletic Association. I have to admit, every time I receive an update from them, my heart goes a flutter. How could it not with something like the Boston Marathon?






I am told that I can expect to receive my race documents so I can pick up my race package. I am starting to get really excited about going to Boston, and have created a tentative list of things to do and see while there. In fact, the list includes:






  • Pick up race gear


  • Buy Finisher’s Gear after the race!


  • Go to see the Boston Red Sox!


  • Visit Harvard University


  • Patriot’s Day celebrations


  • Faneuil Hall Quincy Marketplace. (Originally built in 1826 as a meat and green grocery hall, it now contains over 100 shops, cafés and restaurants).


  • Go for a great dinner in North End, full of Italian restaurants


  • RunBoston running tour (http://www.runboston.org/)


  • Outlet mall- Kittery in New Hampshire (1hr north of Boston, and 1 mile of outlets)


  • Wrentham Premium outlet mall


There is no sales tax on clothes under US$175 and only a 6.25% sales tax otherwise. Can you tell, I am excited??? Shopping in the states, yay!!!


In other news, I have been working on my plan for the upcoming Birch Bay 30km on Saturday. I have to admit, I am not sure what the best strategy should be going in. I have nicknamed this race "The Moment of Truth." It will certainly reveal how well the training has really gone. But also, it will give me one last big run before I begin taper for Boston.


Have I mentioned shopping following Birch Bay too? ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment