Saturday, March 19, 2011

Inspiration

Why hello there.

I know, it's been a very long time. I have been very busy stalking other people's blogs, and totally neglecting mine. Not that I haven't thought about it. Really. Just too darn lazy to type I guess!

I have been recently inspired to get back to the drawing blog board by a few things. It seems everyone and their dog have blogs (thanks to our modern narcissistic society), and quite frankly, maybe it's time I shared some of my thoughts too. Sure,why not.

So I did a little messing around on the 'puter, and perhaps it may be starting to take shape. There are a few things that I am going to have to get sorted. Like posting more than once a year, and maybe adding a few things like pictures. So baby steps. My first post for 2011.

A few things have happened since my last posting. Firstly, I finally qualified for Boston, and running it in 4 weeks time (yay me!). Secondly, I did a kick ass year of triathlon for 2010. I completed 4 half ironmans, 1 IronMan Canada and 3 marathons. I was busy, and then I was TIRED. But, I PB'd in all but one race (Sooke), but even then, I came 3rd in my age category, so what was lost in time, was made up with an extra medal. Nothing says awesome like external gratification!

Some things have stayed the same. Greg and I are still doing great. We love our house and celebrated 2 years in January. We have an awesome cat named Piper. I celebrated my second anniversary with RHPL just this past Wednesday. So in short, things are good.. really good.

Training for Boston has been good, and eventful. I had originally decided to use the Hal Higdon program. It's a bit crazy, and I didn't quite understand some of the rationale behind some of the schedule (like who does 16km race pace run on Saturday and then run 32km LSD the next day?!?!). So I fired Hal and returned to my Running Room standard. Ten years of RR does tend to keep consistency. However, I have tried to do lots of up/down hill running to prepare for Boston. My achilles heels and hip flexors aren't too happy about it, but I will keep them at bay with ART and push forward. As a result, I received a new PB at the First Half half marathon- 1:43:42, a 1 1/2 minute improvement from my previous PB at Delta half marathon. Huh!

Well, it looks like I should get my butt in gear and get some dinner. Apparently I am running 32km in the morning and will be rewarded with pancakes. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment